VW Corrado World Tech Library
Always observe proper safety precautions when servicing your vehicle!
VW Corrado World takes no responsibility for damage or injury as a result of any information contained
on this website, and is not responsible for the content of external websites
Featured Technical Articles
- Skye's 1990 Corrado G60 Notes
Posted on: Fri October 19, 2018Repair and upgrade notes and snippets of advice from 15 years of Corrado ownership
Buying a Used Vehicle
- Used Car Buying Checklist
- A great checklist when buying any kind of used vehicle, print this out and take it with you if you're considering a purchase.
- Used Car Buying Checklist (Printable) (pdf)
- A nicely formatted, printable PDF version of the SOL Used Car Buying Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Skye's 1990 Corrado G60 Notes
- Repair and upgrade notes and snippets of advice from 15 years of Corrado ownership
- Car Lifts Compared
- Choosing a car lift for your home garage: buyer's guide to four post lifts, two post lifts, in-ground, and single post lift systems reviewed and compared.
- Corrado G60 Technical Tutorial with Pictures
- Images of the Corrado G60 engine bay showing the location of common parts such as the CO pot, blue water temp sensor, oil pressure sensors, etc.
- Leather Care for Classic Cars
- How to keep your leather seats from fading or cracking, repairing old or damaged leather, and proper leather seat care instructions to ensure they always look their best.
- Twist Drill Talk
- How to get the most from your drill bits in the garage, and how to sharpen, inspect and keep them in top working order.
Service and Repair
Suspension and Wheels
- Mounting Tires the DIY Way
- How to change your wheel tires and tubes, and get a nice cardio workout for free.
Brakes and Clutch
- Bleeding The Hydraulic Clutch System
- A simple tip that might solve your clutch bleeding frustration.
- Bleeding Your Brakes
- How to replace the brake fluid and eliminate air bubbles from your car or truck's hydraulic braking system, known as "bleeding" the brakes.
Engine and Tuning
- Make a Spark Tester
- Diagnosing a weak spark with a few bits and pieces from the junk bin.
- Oil Filter Study
- A good website showing what oil filters are made of, and good and bad components to look for.
- VW Tech Talk: Servicing the G-Lader (Video)
- A dealer training video showing testing and operation of the intake and G60 supercharger.
Carburetors and Fuel
- G60 Boost Pressure Testing
- How to build a cheap pressure tester from PVC pipe to check for leaks in the intercooler intake path.
- Weber Carburetor Factory Settings (pdf)
- Stock settings for various Weber carburetors, a good starting place for tuning.
Electrical and Instruments
- Battery Storage, Fact or Fiction?
- Will leaving your battery sitting on concrete cause it to discharge?
- Car Batteries 101
- Testing, maintenance, troubleshooting and charging advice for the common automotive 12V lead-acid car battery.
- Chipping the ECU
- How to pull the ECU from the Corrado G60 or VR6 and open it up for a chip replacement.
- Distributor Rotor Glue on the SLC
- When changing your cap and rotor on your Corrado SLC/VR6, don't forget to glue the rotor and set screw!
- EuroWires Corrado C2 Relay Kit Install
- Installation instructions for the Corrado E-code European headlights relay harness from EuroWires.net
- Ground Point Preparation
- Removing corrosion from your car's ground points often solves all kinds of electrical gremlins.
- Replacing Cracked Fog Lights
- Permanently fix your Corrado's cracked fog light lenses for crazy cheap.
- Troubleshooting Corrado Electrical Gremlins
- Some basic maintenance on the Corrado's battery, ground points, and fuse/relay panel will fix a lot of common electrical problems.
- Understanding Alternators
- Operation and theory of the alternator, explained in simple terms.
- Understanding the Ignition System
- Operation and theory of the ignition system, explained in simple terms.
Interior and Upholstery
- Low Cost Cockpit Sound and Thermal Insulation
- How I made low-cost thermal and sound insulation for my car's interior, and a comparison to Dynamat Extreme.
Body and Paint
- Car Bodywork 101: Lesson #1 Prep Work
- The first part of the series on automotive bodywork, Prep Work, covers basic preparation before painting such as rough sanding, applying and sanding filler, applying and sanding primer, and fixing high spots.
- Car Bodywork 101: Lesson #2 Sanding Jamb Areas
- Part 2 in this series on automotive bodywork, Sanding Door and Hood Jamb Areas, covers "jambing", basic sanding technique, supplies like sandpaper, Scotchbrite and blocks, sanding technique, cleaning and paint masking tips.
- Car Bodywork 101: Lesson #3 Painting Jamb Areas
- Part 3 in this series on automotive bodywork, Painting Door and Hood Jamb Areas, covers Tools for Automotive Painting, Fixing Paint Runs and Overspray, Block Sanding Final Primer, and color hold-out (even color).
- Car Bodywork 101: Lesson #4 Final Paint Prep
- Part 4 in this series on automotive bodywork covers Final Body Preparation, Masking the Body, Masking Curves and Letters, Masking Cracks and Tight Areas, and Final Air and Solvent Cleaning.
- Car Bodywork 101: Lesson #5 Painting
- Time for Paint! Part 5 in this series covers Mixing Automotive Paint, Automotive Paint Systems, Painting in Your Garage, and Painting Tips.
- Car Bodywork 101: Lesson #6 Undercoating
- The final part of this automotive bodywork tutorial series covers undercoating your car and final words on bodywork and painting.
- Color Sanding Instructions
- Supplies list and method to get an excellent finish after repainting your car.
- Corrado Paint Codes
- Corrado G60 and SLC/VR6 paint codes and colors by model year.
- How to use Body Filler on Repair Panels
- How to blend in a new body panel with filler and block sanding for a perfect paint job (Bodywork for Beginners Series)
- Build a Body Rotator
- The ultimate low-buck body restoration aid (mirror)
- Media Blasting and Air Compressors Explained
- How to choose the right blasting equipment for car restoration; sand, slag, alox, and glass beads; gun and nozzle selection and air compressor buying guide.
- A Brief History of The Volkswagen Corrado
- History and production data of the Volkswagen Corrado from 1989 to 1995.
- Bolt Torque Specification
- Universal torque specs in ft-lbs for SAE Grade steel hex bolts.
- CO% to Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) Table
- Handy chart for CO based tuning.
- Corrado Production and Sales Figures
- Sales and production figures for the Corrado in USA and Canada.
- Corrado Specification and Performance Kits
- Corrado G60, SLC, 8v, 16v and VR6 specification and performance numbers (horsepower, torque, quarter mile, etc) for stock and chip kits.
- Standard Threads Reference
- Table comparing UNC, UNF, USP, BSW (Whitworth), BSP (Pipe) and Metric threads.
- Wrench and Socket Reference
- Reference table of US (Imperial), Metric and Whitworth wrench sizes.
- Sneak Preview: Volkswagen Corrado G60
- Article from Road & Track magazine, September 1988 on the launch of the new Volkswagen Corrado G60.