Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
Corrado

Corrado Tech Forum

G60 Supercharger noise

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

stumarr Stu M
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
I'm new to the G60 world and have a question about one that I'm considering buying. The seller states that the supercharger is making a "bearing noise". Not sure what he means, but if I purchased the car, would it be safe to drive home a long distance?

Thanks,
Stu

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
etomori Eugene Moriguchi
Fair Oaks, CA, USA   USA
1990 Volkswagen Corrado "Karman"
I would be careful about driving the car with a noisy supercharger bearing for a long run home. You are looking at a rebuild job on the horizon. Check with Bahn Brenner re rebuild and the issues before you buy the ca. At least the seller is disclosing the condition of the unit. If you really want the car, you should tow it home. It costs about $700 for BB to rebuild it. I did by sending the unit to them when BB was in Bend, Oregon a while back. You can get a rebuild kit from them. If you are mechanically inclined, you can do it yourself. Check out the BB website. BTW, BB can do machine work to clean up the internals of the unit.

stumarr Stu M
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
Eugene,

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to get the car towed if I get it.

Stu

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1991 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links