Welcome! Sign In Register
Please Sign In or Register to Search

G60 supercharger!! Helpsad smiley asap!

Posted by Nated392 
Nated392 Avatar
Nate d
Washington, USA   usa
1990 Volkswagen Corrado G60 "Pikachu"

Hey all you raddo peeps! My charger is making a very weird click click click click... I figured it was blown so I started looking into a rebuild but a guy I know recommended me to just buy a used one. So I did but it looks like crap. Rusty pulley and faded color. I really dont want to put it on but will if I must. I found out I was missing the bolt holding the originally pulley on and the pulley was loose. Could this the problem? If not should I rebuild it or put this "new" POS on? And oil feed lines, big deal or not? They look fine but im not sure. The guy wont help me unless I get new "aftermarket" feed lines..
I am also very curious about upgraded chargers such as a lyshom. I hear the lyshom is super loud so I do not want that but are their any other options and if so were can I find them??
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
rohit29 Avatar
Rohit Sharma
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada   can

Im not going to ever recommend putting a used charger on your car, because you dont know the condition of the little timing belt which keeps everything in synch inside the charger. Ive been very fortunate in the 15 years of ownership of my car, the charger is still in good shape, I have a brand new OEM one from VW on my shelf in the event that the one on my car decides to grenade.

If the charger on your car is making a noise, I would stop driving the car, the last thing you want is for it to fail and run the risk of sending small pieces of the displacer into the intake manifold. Take it off of the car and have it inspected.

Speak with a reputable rebuilder, BBM, or ORZ and see what they recommend.

Take care,
Rohit
Nated392 Avatar
Nate d
Washington, USA   usa
1990 Volkswagen Corrado G60 "Pikachu"

thanks for the advice smiling smiley i actually brought it into a shop and the key hole on the pulley was stripped and the key on the rod was a little worn down sad smiley so i am getting a new pulley (68mm, pretty pumped to see what it does with a chip and fuel regulator!) and hopefully he can fix the key on the rod smiling smiley
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Corrado Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

Corrado Tech

Corrado Mods

Off Topic

Vendor Market

Buy, Sell & Trade

Forum Search