Corrado

Corrado Tech Forum

G60 ENGINE UNKNOW

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ocedoc Marco Chaves
Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal   PRT
Hy,

I`interessed in a corrado but the car is far of my house, the owner said the car have a fuel bomb problem and send me this engine picture,
comparing with others pictures of google it looks it miss more something. then i found this site and maybe someone can give me a better opinion and tell me more about this engine
Very thanks for help and sorry my english hope you understand my question

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20161014_182134[1].jpg    52 KB
20161014_182134[1].jpg

northendroid Avatar
northendroid Jack Landry
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hey Marco

When you say it has a fuel bomb problem do you mean it backfires? That is usually timing of ignition problem can be fixed easily enough. When was the last time the G60 supercharger was rebuilt? What is the mileage on the car and how is the body? What are the parts availability for the Corrado in your country parts are getting harder and harder to find. If the car is far from you you need lots of pictures from the owner!

G60 Supercharger is this part, needs to be rebuilt regularly depending what size of pulley you're running on it. Car won't run right is this isn't working properly.

2015 Passat TDI Highline (SEL) "http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7177186-Bagging-a-2015-Passat-Build";, 2005 Bentley Continental (98474) 19x9 ET41 235/35/19 - Air Lift Performance Series - 3 H/P Air Management, Whiteline End Links, OEM Sport Pedals, 20% Window Tint, Black Wrapped Roof, Headligths from Kraftig Tuning
1991 Corrado G60
"www.instagram.com/ridelower"

inkilino José Ramón B
Jaén, Jaén, Spain   ESP
The picture shows a typical Corrado G60 PG 1.8 engine. Mine is the same.

northendroid Avatar
northendroid Jack Landry
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1922 by inkilino The picture shows a typical Corrado G60 PG 1.8 engine. Mine is the same.

Yes that right it's a 1.8L 8V G60 PG block being replaced with an AEB block. See build here http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8116561-1991-Corrado-G60-Engine-Knock

2015 Passat TDI Highline (SEL) "http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7177186-Bagging-a-2015-Passat-Build";, 2005 Bentley Continental (98474) 19x9 ET41 235/35/19 - Air Lift Performance Series - 3 H/P Air Management, Whiteline End Links, OEM Sport Pedals, 20% Window Tint, Black Wrapped Roof, Headligths from Kraftig Tuning
1991 Corrado G60
"www.instagram.com/ridelower"

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links