Corrado

Corrado Tech Forum

Carrado headlight swap

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Carradokid Jesse Carmichael
Wiscasset, Maine, USA   USA
Is it possible to swap the headlights out a Carrado to the dual euro headlight meaning 2 lights a side out side light by the fender being the big one an inside light by the grill being the smaller round headlight my buddie did this swap to his Jetta but is possible for the carrado

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BigLaBowski Mike LaBow
Mountville, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Hi Jesse, I had a minor accident with my 92 SLC about 5 years ago which required i replace both of the headlights, the front crossmember brace and the grill, radiator and condensor for the AC. My vehicle was originally purchased in Germany by the original owner
who was stationed there while serving in the USAF, he had the vehicle shipped overseas to the states when he left military service. I could not find any headlights for the vehicle through VW dealer parts or from salvage yards, but I did find good replacements from Spyder Company. You will have to cut off the original European style sockets as the Spyder replacements are not plug and play. I used the standard male and female connectors for connecting a DVD player to your home computer system, you will see them available for your expansion bay areas, it is a white plastic four wire connector. You will need a pin pusher tool to extract the male/female pins from the plugs/sockets and a good crimp tool. My conversion to the Spyder headlights went well and they looked great after the installation was completed, I have had no problems with the headlight performance since this conversion was completed. Good Luck, The Big LaBowski

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links