Corrado

Corrado Tech Forum

Need help

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Carradokid Jesse Carmichael
Wiscasset, Maine, USA   USA
My 90 Carrado has an engine out of a 98 golf ran good when I first got it but now it has developed a miss fire an hitching at low cruising speeds I changed the fuel pressure regulator an pkugs an cleaned the mass air flow sencer still no change it also runs shitty in the rain I did the old mist the ignition coil trick an it had no effect on the way it runs it also pulsates when it's warmed but if u drive to the floor board it runs fine i don't know were to go from here

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
onewildhare Brad Vanderhoff
Brownsburg, Indiana, USA   USA
It sounds like you could possibly have a vacuum leak. With engine running, use carb cleaner and spray around the vacuum hoses. Idle change indicates you hit a leak.

perz34 James Hillstrand
Hinesville, GA, USA   USA
Agree with the vacuum leak. We encountered almost the same issue of misfire due to a bad fuel pump and leak on the vacuum.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1993 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links