Corrado

Corrado Tech Forum

Shifting problems

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Carradokid Jesse Carmichael
Wiscasset, Maine, USA   USA
My carrado takes fits an doesn't wanna come out of gears or go into them when this happens the other day I was driving to work an it wouldn't come out 4th an then didn't wanna into first or third an the shifting gets really stiff when this happens an today I shut it off an went to leave an it didn't wanna come out of reverse an sometimes when it throws these fits it grinds goin into 5th plz any info would be great it has a brand new clutch

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BeardedBat08 John B
Sterling Heights, MI, USA   USA
the shifter cables are are mounted to the transmission with rubber isolators. If they wear out, it would create a reduction of force the cables can transfer.

Also make sure that the nut on the upper shift cable is tight. If it is moving, things won't work as intended

Digi2112 Avatar
Digi2112 Guy Harrison
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
Had similar issues, replaced master and slave cylinders for the clutch which helped for a short time, ended up replacing clutch and assembly. She's fine now with no transmission issues. It's your clutch.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links