Corrado Tech Forum

best oil for engine

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Corrado Portugal Luis Vaz
Coimbra, Oliveira do Hospital, Portugal   PRT
Hello
i have a question, if you help me i apreciate
i have a corrado G60 from 1990, bought new in new jersey and legalized in Portugal in 1996.
Did a great restoration, from mechanics, interiors, paint and got 99% of the source material (timing belt, water pump, thermostat, engine mounts, spark plug, spark plug cables, brakes, shock absorbers, tires etc) the compressor sent to Germany, which had take a new snail) my question is what the best oil for this engines, dealers in Portugal, some say to put 5W40 others 10W40, seeing the manual and the weather in Portugal gives to use 15w40 or 15w50
I was wondering what you guys use
thanks (sorry my english)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
etomori Eugene Moriguchi
Fair Oaks, CA, USA   USA
1990 Volkswagen Corrado "Karman"
My 1990 G60, Stage 3-4, has 187,000 miles on it. Using Mobile 1, 15-50. Tried Redline 20-50 - too thick, lost power and gas mileage and ran hot. Called Redline about it and did not get a satisfactory explanation. When I switched to Mobile 15-50, ran cooler, better gas mileage and more power. A real noticeable difference! Had engine bearings checked at 170,000 by dealer when I did a preventative oil pump change --- no appreciable wear!!! Does not burn oil between 5-6,000 mile oil-filter changes. Mobile 1 synthetic (10-40 or 15-50) would be ideal. Check out oil temp and gas mileage using the car computer and the water temp and the "seat of your pants" to compare performance and running conditions. Another thing, warm the oil temp to 180 degrees F, before jumping on the throttle. Works for my G60!

Corrado Portugal Luis Vaz
Coimbra, Oliveira do Hospital, Portugal   PRT
ok
thanks for your information
in this moment i have in the engine castrol gtx 10w40 but in end of the summer i change the oil

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links