Corrado Tech Forum

Air Conditioning help

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Mckenzy Wolf Avatar
Mckenzy Wolf Wilfredo Ruiz
Clover, South Carolina, USA   USA
Hello to everybody:

I need some serious help. As part of my continuing effort to get the car back into shape I found the reason my A/C does not work, I am missing a HVAC line and it is item #12 of the picture I attached. I will also have to order a compressor and will need the high pressure switch. now that one I don't have any trouble finding on E bay, and the compressor should be no problem either.

Its funny since this car is a Frankenstein car, its a 1991 G60 with a VR6 engine from a Passat and the harness of a 1992 SLC Corrado. now I know the square connector that was sitting next to the battery is for. Its the high low pressure switch. As far as I can tell I believe I am only missing that line and the pressure switch, but I did notice the line in the picture labeled #14 shows some chaffing on the hose so I don't know if there might be a leak.

if anybody can help me locate the HVAC lines it will be awesome. I really love to get the ac working since its really hot.

I also noted that when I select the fan on the highest setting the fan shuts off, from what I could tell it my be the resistor board or the switch itself. I will have to figure that one later.

Attachments:
ac.jpg    39 KB
ac.jpg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1992 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links