Corrado

Corrado Tech Forum

Hood release cable

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jvanhoover Jeff VanHoover
Williamson, New York, USA   USA
Common question. Does anyone know where I can order a prot toob for the drivers side cable release? Any body have any suggestions for this poor design? thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ruffy1974 Nicholas Dearnley
Hull, North humberside, UK   GBR
In reply to # 1463 by jvanhoover Common question. Does anyone know where I can order a prot toob for the drivers side cable release? Any body have any suggestions for this poor design? thanks

jordjust Randolph Messersmith
Felton, PA, USA   USA
Try spoonfedtuning.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BigLaBowski Mike LaBow
Mountville, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Hi Jeff, After an accident with my SLC several years ago, I had to replace the hood, headlights, grill, front cross member, radiator and AC condensor, the hood latch assembly had also been trashed, I could not find these parts anywhere from VW dealers or salvage yards so I carefully drilled my hood and installed a hood pin kit which was very popular with muscle cars back in the 70s, it works great and looks pretty cool too and you dont have to fool around with that goofy assembly that was originally used on the vehicle.
Some people may be hesitant to modify the hood this way but it brought my vehicle back to operating condition and it was very functional and reliable, you dont have to worry about the hood releasing at high speeds. Good luck with your repair, The Big LaBowski.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links