Automatic Seat belts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Mckenzy Wolf Avatar
Mckenzy Wolf Wilfredo Ruiz
Clover, South Carolina, USA   USA
Good day to all:

Well while i am trying to solve one problem with my 1991 Corrado, I noticed that both of my front automatic seat belts are all the way on the B pillar which is the post aft of the door. both are engaged and when i open or close the door noting happens and i dont even hear nothing runing or see anything move. The belts are engaged and wont do anything else.

I have been digging and i notice that my relay and fuse box is not as identical to the ones in my manual. I know i am missing the horn relay but when i look at the top it does not look like the one in the manual. It makes it harder to figure what are those segments for as well as some of the fuses on the top side.

I will appreciate all the help i can get on this.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
relay box.JPG    59.5 KB
relay box.JPG

relaypnl.jpg    50 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Randuzy Avatar
Randuzy Randy Hepp
Bradenton, Florida, USA   USA
Hi Wilfredo, to find seat belt stuff remove bottom of both back seats check for grounding issues to check your fuses in that car you can use a test light, and for any thing your not sure of, like previous owner tampering or mechanic miss handeling use color codes of wires to identify fuses etc...

Mckenzy Wolf Avatar
Randy

I just finished fixing my head lights and fog lights, I will be moving to the seatbelts this weekend and this tip will help me greatly instead of taking half the interior apart.

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Randuzy Avatar
Randuzy Randy Hepp
Bradenton, Florida, USA   USA
Wilfredo,

There's one more thing, monstrous lookin' relays under back seats are the controllers for the seat belts and each also has a fuse back there, do you have a service manual for your car? there is a trouble shooting guide in there just for the belts.

Mckenzy Wolf Avatar
Hello Randy:

I have the actual shop manual I will look into it, I thought I was done with the engine but now it has been shutting off and not starting so I am back to focusing on the engine. I will check the manual for the troubleshooting information on the seatbelts.

Thanks

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1992 Volkswagen Corrado

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links