Corrado Tech Forum

Just got a G60

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Colin R. Crecelius Avatar
Colin R. Crecelius Colin Crecelius
Florissant, Missouri, USA   USA
Hi,I'm Colin, I'm about to turn 18 and I just got a Corrado G60. I don't know too much about the car. I just know its something special. It has no rust, only 88,xxx miles, and runs great. everything works, other than needing a new alternator... but that should be a simple fix. Its a completely stock car. nothing aftermarket. But it has BBS wheels... but I'm not sure if it comes with them or not cause I never knew of the car till I saw this one and done a lil research. Its an automatic... so from what I've read it was only an option for a year? But mainly I just would like help to know more of the car. Like whats the story of it, whats the deal with the superchager and turbo specs I've read about, why was it made 2 years and is mine a special one for being automatic. And really want to know what this Type B and Type C versions are and how to tell which type i have.

Thank you for reading, hope you can help

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
g60.jpg    33.1 KB
g60.jpg

lurkertom Avatar
lurkertom Tom Lindmark
Longview, WA, USA   USA
Nice looker. VW started the Corrado rollout with the G60 engine then put the more desirable VR6 engine in mid year '92. Many G60's came with the automatic slushbox...It's not rare and it can be a problem if the tranny cooler fails. I changed my tranny to a 5 speed (from a junk yard 92 Passat) because of that. It was a big mod but well worth it. The supercharger needs lots of regular maintenance (sealing strips and the timing belt are crucial)...do not neglect it! The crankshaft sprocket bolts and key way are a couple of other weak points. By now most of the rubber hoses and belts are nearing the end of their useful service life as are the insulation on the wiring looms in the engine compartment. Grounding points on and around the engine are another critical item. If they fail all sorts of weird things begin to happen.

tahnos Thomas Andrews
Longmont, CO, USA   USA
Thats sooo cooolll!!!! I remember when I was 16, back in 95, I bugged my dad to lend me 16,500 for a G60, and he said no... How cool would it be to be 18 and have that puppy dog... Very nice! Now 18 years later I finally bought one for myself, and paid $3,500 for it, a much nicer price, but not without its technicalities. In a way im happy my dad said no, being the way I drive it now, and knowing how I drove back then, Im sure I would have met a cliff somewhere by accident.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links